Seeking Full Compensation for Auto Wreck Injury Victims
If you have been injured in an auto accident that was caused due to the negligence of another driver, you should seek the advice of our experienced Delaware car accident lawyers as soon as possible. Even if you were partially to blame for the cause of the accident, you may still be able to recover a certain level of compensation for your injuries.
Contact the Delaware car accident lawyers at Schuster Jachetti LLP for a free consultation. They offer free consultations to Delaware car accident victims. In addition they charge no fees if they do not recover for you. Proudly serving all of Delaware including New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County, Delaware.
Even if the other driver was clearly at fault for the accident, his or her insurance company will try to avoid responsibility for your injuries and attempt to settle your case for as little as possible. Having a skilled Delaware car accident attorney by your side from the start can help to ensure that your interests are protected throughout the process.
Experience Handling All Car Accident Cases
The Delaware car accident lawyers and DE auto accident injury attorneys at the law firm of Schuster Jachetti, LLP, represent clients throughout Delaware in a wide variety of auto accidents that happen on Delaware roadways, including Route 1, Route 2, Route 4, Route 7, Route 299, Route 896, Kirkwood Highway, DuPont Highway, Highway 113, Highway 202, Delaware Turnpike, I-95 and I-495. As a former insurance adjuster, attorney Joseph Jachetti has a complete understanding of how the insurance companies operate and what to expect from them as your case moves forward.
We understand the types of injuries that can happen in these serious auto accidents, and we know what type of compensation is needed to accommodate your recovery. We have successfully represented clients who have suffered back and neck injuries, permanent scarring, brain injuries and many others in these accidents.
Our team of Wilmington Delaware car accident lawyers are prepared to handle any type of Delaware car accident case, including:
- Auto accidents including car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents and jogger accidents
- Drunk driving accidents involving alcohol and drugs
- Hit and run accidents
- Government vehicle accidents
- Emergency service vehicle accidents
- Public transportation accidents
- Dangerous roadway accidents
- Fatal car accidents
Delaware Personal Injury Protection Laws
Laws regarding who is ultimately responsible for personal injury and property damages are dictated by the state in which the accident occurred. The State of Delaware has a law pertaining to No-Fault Motor Vehicle Insurance. This law provides that your insurance carrier will pay your medical bills as well as lost wages due to the accident. This law also mandates that your insurance applies these same benefits to all occupants in your automobile at time of accident.
In Delaware your automobile insurance policy will cover your expenses for up to 24 months. Your insurance company may also elect to send you to a doctor of its choice. If that healthcare provider determines that your medical treatment is no longer reasonable or necessary, or that you can return to work, your benefits could be terminated.
Even though Delaware has a No-Fault law you are still entitled to file a claim or lawsuit for pain & suffering and/or bodily injury against the person who is at fault regarding the accident. This applies even if you reside in a state with limited tort or verbal threshold laws. An experienced Delaware auto accident lawyer can help determine any and all compensation you are entitled to under Delaware law.
Contact A Delaware Automobile Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in the State of Delaware, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer immediately. Please contact Delaware Car Accident Lawyer Joe Jachetti if you have been injured in an auto accident in New Castle County, Kent County or Sussex County, Delaware. Mr. Jachetti and his staff will help you and discuss your claim with you. With many years experience helping those injured in car accidents in Delaware, Mr. Jachetti has the experience, skills, and knowledge to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled for your injuries, including lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering.
Qualities To Look For In A Car Accident Lawyer
At some point in your life you may find yourself injured due to the fault of another person, party or entity. Under Delaware Personal Injury Laws you may be entitled to various means of compensation and benefits depending on the extent and severity of your injuries. Left to your own devices, it can be extremely difficult for you to prove that your injuries are the direct result of someone else’s carelessness or negligence. This is where the skill of our experienced Delaware car accident lawyers can be of great benefit to you. A qualified Delaware Auto Accident Injury Attorney will possess several key qualities that will benefit you, your family and your case. They should not only inform you of your rights but also do everything in their power to protect your rights.
When interviewing personal injury lawyers regarding handling your case there are a few qualities they should possess if they are to properly and effectively represent you. Many times it is easy to be impressed by their website, their print ads or their television and radio commercials. The attorney who spends the most money on advertising is not always the best attorney to handle your Delaware Personal Injury Claim. Qualities you should look for when interviewing a personal injury lawyer are:
1. Experience Handling Your Type Of Claim If you were injured in a Delaware Slip And Fall Accident hiring an attorney who specializes in Medical Malpractice claims may not be the best option for you. The term personal injury is an umbrella term that encompasses many different types of injury and accident cases that occur in many different environments. For each type of personal injury claim there are individual Delaware laws which govern the time limits for filing a claim, type of compensation you may be entitled to and benefits you may be awarded. If the attorney you are speaking with has not handled your type of case before it may not be a great idea to let them handle your case as a means of gaining experience.
2. Litigation Experience In today’s legal environment a large majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court and end with a settlement. That is fine and odds are your case could end in a settlement. What you should be aware of is the fact that it could ultimately go to the litigation phase i.e. trial. If the attorney you are speaking with has never had a Delaware Slip And Fall case go to trial it may make sense to find an attorney who has had experience taking Slip And Fall cases to court. There is a huge difference in an attorney being able to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and properly representing your case in court.
3. Their History Of Obtaining Maximum Compensation And Clients For Their Clients When speaking with a prospective personal injury lawyer you should inquire about their history of getting favorable settlements and verdicts for their clients regarding the type of case that applies to you. Also, If you were injured in Delaware you should make sure you are shown settlements and verdicts for Delaware cases similar to yours. If you are speaking with an attorney who practices in multiple states the settlements and verdicts you are shown may not be apples to apples to yours. Also, please bear in mind that no personal injury case is the same as each person suffers different injuries, has different recovery times and may have had a pre-existing injury.
4. Their Professional Affiliations, Community Involvement And Legal Discipline Record The various types of professional organizations, bar associations and other groups they belong to may offer insight regarding their level or commitment to their clients and their profession. If they are involved in their community and routinely give back that can speak volumes about the type of person they are in addition to the type of attorney they are. Also, researching their disciplinary history can alert you to any professional struggles they have had over the course of their career. Much of this information can be found either on their website or by Googling their name.
5. Their History Of Handling Personal Injury Claims Sometimes attorneys can switch practice areas at any given time. Just because an attorney has been practicing law for over 20 years does not mean that they have been practicing personal injury law for that entire time. If they were estate planning lawyers until 6 months ago they most likely lack the experience to appropriately handle your claim.
Call Our Delaware Car Accident Lawyers Today
Contact one of our Delaware car accident lawyers today to discuss your Delaware motor vehicle accident. We offer a free initial consultation whenever and wherever it is convenient for you. We are available evenings and weekends, and regularly visit clients at home or in the hospital. You can reach us by phone in Wilmington at 302-984-1000, in Smyrna at 302-659-6577 or via e-mail. In the Rehoboth Beach, Lewes or Georgetown, Delaware areas dial (302) 856-2400.
Our team of Delaware car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation lawyers serve all of Delaware including Wilmington, Greenville, Fairfax, Talleyville, Newark, New Castle, Bear, Glasgow, Pike Creek, Hockessin, Middletown, Odessa, Townsend, Dover, Milford, Harrington, Laurel, Seaford, Dagsboro, Georgetown, Milton, Millsboro, Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach, Fenwick Island and Ocean View, Delaware.